News

FearNet Scares Up 'Tales From The Crypt' Deal

9/19/2012 8:26 AM Eastern

FearNet has acquired television rights to the 1990s horror anthology series Tales from the Crypt , the network announced Wednesday.

The series, which aired on HBO from 1989 to 1996, will run on horror-themed network FearNet on Friday nights beginning Oct. 5, said network officials. The deal marks the first time the 95-episode series has aired on television since 2004, when it was previously syndicated.

On VOD, FearNet will air the episodes in their original, unedited format. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday, and each episode will remain in the VOD library for six weeks, said the network.

"Tales from the Crypt was the first time that horror writers, directors and actors came together in one place to produce a TV series to celebrate the genre," said FearNet president Peter Block in a statement. Tales had everything – comedy, gore, splatter, slash, thrill and suspense – and it quickly became appointment television. I knew that this series was the perfect vehicle to complement our programming."
September