NGC Details New Fare for Fall7/15/2004 8:20 AM Eastern
National Geographic Channel announced that seven new series (six in primetime) and three new specials are part of its fall programming slate.
The new series:
• Expeditions to the Edge, which “uncovers the heroism and hubris that have led to some of the most intriguing and precarious expeditions in history,” debuting Sept. 14 and airing Tuesdays from 8 p.m.-9 p.m. (EST/PST).
• Interpol Investigates, which re-creates investigations by the world's pre-eminent police organization, Interpol, debuts Tuesday, Aug. 3, with back-to-back episodes from 9 p.m.-11 p.m., then settles into its regular spot Tuesdays from 9 p.m.-10 p.m.
• Seconds from Disaster, which uses advanced computer-generated imaging, re-enactments, archive footage, forensic science, eyewitness accounts and expert testimony to examine disasters, will be featured in special sneak previews Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. before assuming its regular spot Tuesdays from 10 p.m.-11 p.m.
• MegaStructures, which looks at the people who developed and built the most dramatic new and ancient structures, such as skyscrapers, cathedrals, aircraft carriers and amusement parks, debuts Wednesday, Sept. 15, and will air Wednesdays from 9 p.m.-10 p.m.
• Naked Science, which uses animation, CGI and special effects to answer “pressing questions of our time,” debuts Wednesday, Sept. 15, and will air Wednesdays from 10 p.m.-11 p.m.
• Air Emergency, which uses information culled from flight data recorders and accident-investigation reports to re-create aviation disasters, debuts Thursday, Sept. 16, and will air Thursdays from 8 p.m.-9 p.m.
• The Dog Whisperer, which follows Cesar Millan as he goes into the homes of problem dogs and their frustrated owners, debuts Sept. 13 and will air weeknights from 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. (EST).
NGC’s new specials are:
• National Geographic Channel's Most Amazing Discoveries, which will air nightly from Sept. 6-10 and include the world premiere of The Diva Mummy Monday, Sept. 6 at 9 p.m. (EST/PST) and the U.S. premiere of Massacre at Punta Lobos Sept. 10.
• Inside the U.S. Secret Service, which follows special agents on duty on the front lines and behind closed doors, detailing some of the intricate precautions taken to protect the president, as well as examining the agency's other critical duties, debuts Sunday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m.
• Tycoons Toys, “a private tour of items that are strictly for the extravagantly rich,” debuts in December.